As you prepare to travel this winter, you are probably dreading the thought of unexpected weather delays, bad roads, and busy airports. However, there are a few simple ways to reduce the stress and make the most of your travel time. The more you plan ahead for winter travel safety, the better your travels will be.
Category: Winter Weather Driving Tips
New York weather can cause plenty of headaches for travelers throughout the year. Cancelled flights occasionally disrupt your perfectly laid travel plans when you least expect it. If it looks like your flight could be cancelleddue to weather moving into the area or any other service disruption, you need to have a contingency plan in place.
Please watch this short video for some simple, and practical, winter weather safe driving tips, such as:
- keep a blanket and extra warm clothing in the car in case you get stranded
- watch local weather reports and avoid traveling in bad weather
- let other people know your route if you need to travel
- keep your gas tank at least half full before head out
- never use cruise control when roads are icy Read More