Private transportation services exist to make your life easier. When it comes to traveling and seeing the world, the worst place to be is stuck on a crowded bus or waiting at the airport for a ride. That’s why so many private transportation services now exist to pick you up at a scheduled time, driving a luxury vehicle, and taking you directly to your destination with fewer stops and less down time along the way.
- Book Early – The further in advance you book your ride, the more likely you are to get a good deal. If you wait until the last second you will have a limited selection of pick up times and vehicles available to you.
- Plan Carefully – If you are headed into unfamiliar territory, consult with your private transportation provider to determine how much time you will need for transportation. Buses and taxis often add extra padding to their transport times because they are picking up more people and making extra stops, but you can be a bit more economical with your time.
- Be Specific – The comfort and convenience of private transportation really only works if you get a vehicle that suits your needs. When you are making your reservation, be specific about the space you need and the number of passengers who will be transported, adults and children.
- Bundle – There are tons of ways to save time and money making your private transportation reservations these days. Choosing to bundle your transport with your hotel and airline tickets can save you a ton of money. In addition, many travel sites already offer bundles where this is included.
- Use a Flat Rate Service – One of the best ways to save money on your transportation is to negotiate your fees up front. This means that you can avoid any unexpected charges due to time spent sitting in traffic, detours for construction or other unusual events. Any service that keeps a meter running has the opportunity to add charges as you go.
- Don’t Travel at Peak – Obviously some times of the year are busier than others, and some days of the week are busier as well. Try to time your travel outside of peak hours so you will have more flexibility and better deals available.
- Avoid Addons – It is not uncommon to see a whole range of add on services available at the time you make your reservation. Whether it’s a bottle of wine or optional insurance, the fees and charges can rack up quickly.
- Use a Corporate Account – If your company frequently sends employees on trips, they may have worked out a group discount with a private transportation service already. It is worth asking to see if you are eligible for a discount on your trip, even if it is for pleasure and not business.
- Join the Club – Most travel services also offer VIP clubs for their customers free of charge. These loyalty programs offer special perks or discounts earned every time you travel.
- Ask for the Special – Private transportation from the airport to the hotel and back is common, but many people don’t realize that they can also get transportation to dinner, or special events at a reduced cost. If you are headed into a high traffic area, private transport can often get you right up to the front door.
Private transportation services are busier than ever keeping up with demand. These are just ten ways you can make the most of your trip and save time and money in the process.Book Now