With the spread of the virus dominating not only the news but everyone’s lives, Teddy’s urges its customers and members of our community to stay safe. Stay home if you can. But if you must travel, know that we’re taking every precaution to keep everyone safe by disinfecting all cars before and after each trip.
Be assured that, despite Connecticut and neighboring states closing non-essential businesses, all area states deemed, as ‘essential,’ public transportation (that’s us) and transportation infrastructure including airports and gas stations.
Special Update: Just in time for some of you who need to get back to the office – and wish to avoid the train – Teddy’s is offering 15% off all one-way sedan transfers to and from Manhattan until May 31, 2020.
- longer-distance private car requests are becoming more popular as people seek to ‘get the ball rolling,’ for work, while avoiding trains and planes. Teddy’s is actually quicker than the plane to Boston, Philadelphia and more. Sample executive private sedan one-way transfer fares, before tip or tolls:
- Stamford to Boston, $421
- Westport to Philadelphia: $373
- Manhattan to Washington DC: $498
- coastal Fairfield County to Washington, DC: $600
What we’re doing to protect you
Team Teddy’s understands your concerns surrounding COVID-19. That’s why we’re taking every precaution to ensure our vehicles are safe and sanitary for passengers, including:
- Anyone booking a ride will be asked if they show symptoms or have been in contact with anyone thought to have COVID in the last 14 days and asked to postpone their trip when necessary.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all passenger areas and frequently touched areas (including door handles, climate control knobs, and seat belt buckles) between trips using a CDC-approved cleaning spray or wipe.
- Teddy’s chauffeurs are masked and we are asking all clients to wear masks at all times while aboard. We ask you to refrain from eating and drinking, while on board a Teddy’s, so that you do not have to lower your mask.
- Hand sanitizer is available on board all Teddy’s cars and we will have extra masks as supply chains allow.
- Encouraging all drivers to adhere to high standards of personal hygiene. This includes washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and staying home when they are sick.
- for the near future, we have eliminated, from our vehicles, complimentary magazines, bottled water and we ask parents to please supply their own car seats for better protection for their children.
- to help minimize exposure, for our chauffeurs, please choose our Express airport curbside greeting – already preferred by 98% of clients
Travel bans and what is not banned
Domestic air travel is not banned. Nor is driving or crossing state lines. On March 24th, Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont declared, in response to rumors of closing the border with New York, “right now, that’s not an option.”
But many of our customers are international travelers who regularly visit other countries for work and play. At this time, the U.S. Department of State recommends avoiding nonessential travel to certain countries, including China, Iran, and most of Europe. If you have a trip to another country coming up in the next few weeks, check the State Department website for regular updates. Do not travel to another part of the world without first becoming informed about the spread of COVID-19 in that area.
Additionally, the White House has banned travel from 26 European countries. The ban will be in place for 30 days and is effective March 13th, 2020. U.S. citizens will be allowed to return from these countries but must travel through specific airports where they will receive screening for the virus.
Your safety is our top priority
As a 2020 LCT magazine National Operator of the Year, Teddy’s has dedicated 88 years to prioritizing your safety and well being when you travel with us. When you choose Teddy’s you can rest assured you will get the most sanitary car service possible. Whether you need airport service or private car service to New York City, Teddy’s Transportation System is authorized and stand ready to help.
Teddy’s is seeing an increase in people skipping the train and taking a Teddy’s to New York and back. As well, some of you are skipping the plane and taking us direct to Washington, DC, Boston, Philadelphia and on. We are bringing your students back from college in Pennsylvania, Virginia and Vermont. May we help you this week?