As you’re headed to the airport this travel season, the though of taking an airport shuttle may have crossed your mind. After all, they’re supposed to be quick and convenient, right? Wrong. Year after year we hear dozens of complaints from customers who have had harrowing shuttle experiences.
Here are the top five reasons not to take a Connecticut airport shuttle this year.
- Cost – Shuttle prices vary from company to company and location to location. The cost of catching a shuttle for the whole family can often through your travel budget off. You may be shocked to find out how much a shuttle costs when compared to a private car or a train.
- Service Availability – Depending on where you live in Connecticut, you may or may not be able to find a shuttle that services your neighborhood. If you can’t find one that services your home, you may have to drive to a pickup location and leave your car. Not all services offer secure parking lots for customers.
- Schedules – Another problem with most shuttles is the scheduling. most shuttles leave their stops at precise times, which don’t necessarily line up with your flight times. This can leave you with an hour or more to wait before your flight, or no options at all if you are flying out late at night or first thing in the morning.
- Service Limitations – Cancellation policies and extra baggage fees can really complicate your trip. If your flight gets changed at the last minute, the shuttle service may not be willing to refund your tickets or work with you to reschedule.
- Unexpected Delays – Many shuttle drivers operate independently using their own vehicles or leased vehicles. Problems with blown tires, breakdowns and other unexpected delays can throw a wrench in your plans. Unfortunately, if the shuttle operators do not have a contingency plan in place, you may be left stranded.
These are just a few of the reasons that more and more people are leaving traditional airport shuttles behind and switching to more convenient travel methods. With a car for hire, you can schedule your pick up and drop off from your door whenever is convenient for you. In addition, you are more likely to get personalized service and have a greater chance of arriving on time for your flight without a problem. If you ever do need to make a change to your schedule most private travel companies are willing and able to accommodate those changes that are caused by the airlines.Book Now